Address: Shop C-D, G/F, Entertainment Building, 30 Queen’s Road Central, Central 中環皇后大道中30號娛樂行地下C-D鋪
Telephone: 2895 7398
Mercedes me in Hong Kong is easily one of the most stylish restaurants in Hong Kong. Being the first Mercedes-Benz restaurant in the world, this upscale, all-day dining restaurant is conveniently located in the very center of Central in Entertainment Building – it is almost impossible to miss this space when you are in the area.
The space exudes an air of elegance and opulence. Apart from being an eatery, Mercedes me also doubles as a showroom for various Mercedes Benz items (including, of course, a Mercedes automobile) and seeks to immerse all diners in a Mercedes lifestyle. Even if you are already a owner of a number Mercedes cars, you will still find this experience highly interesting!
In terms of cuisine, the kitchen serves up a selection of international dishes for sharing. Dinner will typically set you back around $600 per head – given the wonderful dining experience and the fine and exciting dishes, I do think the price tag is well justified!
(1) We start off with the sea urchin with fig, nori cracker, oyster leaf and ponzu ($210), which are delicious bite-sized snacks. The uni is fresh and flavourful, and the creaminess is nicely broken up by the thin, crispy nori crackers.
(2) This foie gras cotton candy ($60) may look like an ordinary cotton candy, but a small piece of foie gras hidden inside makes all the difference, and it is moreish! Remember to eat this in one bite though for the best taste.
(3) Beef tartare is one of my favourite dishes, and the organic 100% grass fed steak tartare with pickled egg yolk ($210) certainly has my approval! Not only does it look pretty, the taste is spot on too – the seasoning is well adjusted and most importantly, the steak is of topshelf quality and you can really taste its natural meaty flavours.
(4) This baked angel hair pasta with seaweed and roasted garlic aioli ($220) takes some preparation time but is well worth the wait. The angel hair is plumped with delicious flavours and is gorgeously crispy, and the seaweed offers an interesting and surprisingly well matched taste.
(5) For desserts, this Catalan cream ($80) is not to be missed. It looks heavy but it is actually very airy and light, and a hint of lemon lifts its flavours.
(6) We are full but will never turn down a second dessert! This caramelized catalan cream foam with vanilla ice cream, orange and honeycomb ($115) is a beautiful medley of well-balanced, exciting flavours – definitely worth our stomach space!