Address: Shop C&D, 5-7 Cleveland Street, Causeway Bay 銅鑼灣加寧街5-7號地下C及D舖
Telephone: 2802 1128
近來物價上升，為了維生很多餐廳都要加價或減低食物的成本。在這樣的趨勢下，我和朋友都對最近在Mr. Steak Grill 吃的一頓飯感到喜出望外。我們在餐廳預定了一個五道菜的特別菜單，吃了和牛，帶子及烤大蝦等，另外再加了幾道菜，價錢才不過每位 $500左右。Mr. Steak Grill 的用料很有水準，而且收費老實，是銅鑼灣一帶一個挺好的選擇。
With the ever-rising rental costs in Hong Kong, it is only understandable that some restaurants have to resort to increasing the prices they charge or cutting down on food costs. Under such market conditions, I am impressed by certain restaurants that are still able to serve decent food without charging extortionate prices, and Mr. Steak Grill is one of them.
Mr. Steak Grill is run by Mr. Steak Concept group, who also owns other restaurants in Hong Kong, including Mr. Steak Cafe, Mr. Steak Buffet à la Minute and Mr. Steak Seafood. Even though I am normally quite picky when it comes to food, I was surprised by the high quality of food that I recently had at Mr. Steak Grill, particularly given the reasonable prices.
Mr. Steak Grill was the first restaurant to introduce dry-aged steaks in Hong Kong. The decor of the restaurant is modern and laid-back, and my friends and I had an enjoyable dinner gathering in the private room of the restaurant, which can accommodate up to around 10 to 12 people (there is no minimum spend for the private room). We had a customized 5-course dinner menu at the restaurant and shared a few extra dishes from à la carte menu, and ended up only paying around $500 per person (including service charge), which was a bargain. The flavours of the dishes have been slightly adjusted to accommodate local preferences, but were still delectable.
(1) We started off with a Seared Sea Scallop with Garden Salad & Citrus Dressing, which was light and vibrant. The scallops were plump and delicate, and some greens and orange added summery flavours to the dish.
(2) The second course was the Grilled Zuwai Crab Leg with Seared Labeyrie Duck Foie Gras. The crab leg was marvellously grilled, and the foie gras had a skillfully seared, crispy surface; my only complaint was that the piece of baguette was not crunchy enough.
(3) Our third course was two half-portions of soup. The Sweet Corn Bisque with Puff Pastry was sweet and alluring, with a moreish puff pastry which was buttery and flaky. The Tuscany Vegetable Soup was hot and full of flavours.
(4) We ordered a bucket of Mussels in white wine cream ($198) from the à la carte menu, and the Australian mussels were huge and tasted incredibly fresh. The white wine cream was enticingly rich, and was best eaten with the baguette.
(5) One of the main courses was the A4 Saga Wagyu Beef with Grilled King Prawn Cajun Style. Simply seasoned with some salt and pepper, the Wagyu Beef melted instantly in the mouth. A4 and A5 are the top two classes of Wagyu Beef determined by the Japanese Meat Grading Association, so we were delighted to be able to eat these premium steaks at our dinner. The King Prawn, also minimalistically reasoned, was firm and tasty.
(6) Another option for the main course was the Pan-grilled Atlantic Black Cod Fillet, which had a gorgeously fatty taste and flaked beautifully.
(7) I have visited Mr. Steak Grill several times before, so when it was time for desserts, I knew that I was in for some pretty amazing treats. Our dessert platter comprised of two of the restaurant’s signature desserts, the Royal Chocolate, Mixed Nuts & Dried Fruit Biscuits Cake and the Hot Soufflé. The Biscuits Cake tasted like a cold, hardened fudge cake – it was indulgently rich, with a strong chocolate taste and some mixed nuts and dried fruits adding extra crunch. The soufflé was fluffy and ethereal, and the level of sweetness was just right. There was a hint of ginger in the sauce, which gave the dessert a nice kick.
(8) We ordered the Gratin Pancake with Fresh Mango ($88) in addition to our set menu – yes, we were very hungry that day! The pancake had a soft and stretchy texture, and the baked surface was scrumptious.
Conclusion: Mr. Steak Grill is a relaxing, cheerful venue that can satisfy your carnivorous cravings at very budget-friendly prices, not to mention that they also serve sinfully addictive desserts. Just like we did, you could customize your set dinner by picking your favourite dishes from the à la carte menu. Come with an empty stomach or don’t come at all!