***SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM FOR A DISCOUNT EXCLUSIVE TO STEPH’S 852 DIARY***
I was invited by a dear high-school friend, N, to a Piper-Heidsieck champagne tasting event on Friday, 7 March 2014, at Hotel Indigo in Wanchai. Piper-Heidsieck is a premium champagne brand, favoured by many connoisseurs and discerning palates, including Marilyn Monroe, who famously claimed that she “went to bed every night with Chanel n°5 behind her ears and woke up every morning with a glass of Piper-Heidsieck”.
The event cost $298 + 10% per head, and there were free-flow champagnes and a range of delicious canapés, including some of my favourite cheeses! The speaker at the event was Mr Ned Goodwin MW, the brand ambassador of Piper-Heidsieck for Asia Pacific.
Given the remarkable quality of Piper-Heidsieck champagnes, it is worth noting that their prices are not particularly expensive at all, and are only mid-range. The brand has won many awards over the years, including the Piper‐Heidsieck Rare Vintage 1998 that received the Sparkling Wine Trophy for the second time running at the International Wine Challenge in 2013.
(1) Our champagne tasting started with Piper-Heidsieck Cuvée Brut N.V., which was light and aromatic, and had refreshing notes of summer fruits, such as apple and pear.
(2) We also tasted the Piper -Heidsieck Cuvée Sublime Demi – Sec N.V., which had aromas of dried fruit, caramelized pear, cinnamon and vanilla, and was soft and round on the palate. This champagne won a Gold Medal at the International Wine Challenge.
(3) The Piper- Heidsieck Rosé Sauvage N.V. had a slight acidity of red fruits, and the dominating notes were strawberry, mandarin and grapefruit.
(4) Our champagne tasting didn’t include Piper -Heidsieck Rare 2002, but a bottle of it was on display. This champagne is a radiant, refined and elegant wine, with a long and delicate finish and fiery notes of various spices, such as Espelette peppers and ginger.
If you have never tried this Piper-Heidsieck champagnes before, I would definitely recommend you to give it a shot, as it is utterly tasty and is now one of my favourite champagne brands!
To thank all of my dear readers for your kind support, encouragement and feedback, the distributor of Piper-Heidsieck is now offering to sell the champagnes at wholesale prices to my readers at the below prices:
– Piper-Heidsieck Cuvée Brut N.V.: $340/75cl, $730/1.5L
– Piper -Heidsieck Cuvée Sublime Demi – Sec N.V.: $420/75cl
– Piper- Heidsieck Rosé Sauvage N.V.: $470/75cl
– Piper -Heidsieck Rare 2002: $1500/75cl
Simply call or email Chloe Chun (Tel: 2315-6579, Email: email@example.com) or Kelvin Kan (Tel: 2315-2587, email: firstname.lastname@example.org) and quote the discount code “852DISCOUNT” when placing your order!
***Disclaimer: No commission or payment has been or will be received by me for the above blog post or for any champagnes purchased by my readers. This is simply a kind gesture offered by the distributor of Piper-Heidsieck, Telford, to the readers of Steph’s 852 Diary.***